As from the 2nd May 2022:
- All persons who test positive for COVID-19, those who are vaccinated and those that are not, are obliged to isolate themselves for 10 days, or for 7 days if they test negative on the seventh day;
- It is not mandatory for persons sharing the same household to remain in quarantine, although it is recommended that these persons will undergo a test on the third day especially if they develop symptoms;
- Use of masks is no longer mandatory, except in hospitals, elderly homes, medical clinics and on flights to and from Malta. Use of masks is still recommended in closed spaces such as public transport;
- The use of Passenger Locator Form (PLF) is no longer necessary when travelling from a marked red country; and
- All restrictive measures relation to organised events have be removed.
Helplines 111 and 145 will still be in operation and will be open from Monday to Saturday from 7.00am to 6.00pm. On Sundays and public holidays, the timings are from 7.00am to 4.00pm