Rent Subsidy Scheme
Managing Authority: Malta Enterprise
Who applies: Employer
This scheme supports undertakings engaged in an eligible activity that require industrial space as a temporary, or permanent, solution to:
commence a new business activity
implement growth plans;
handle an increase in orders; and/or
carry out process innovations required to increase efficiency.
This aid scheme is applicable between 1 st February 2020 till 31st December 2022.
- The scheme is applicable to businesses engaged in manufacturing; maintenance and repairs of motor vehicles; repair of machinery & equipment; and other industrial activities.
- Applicants as a single undertaking must have employed less than 100 full time persons for the two years preceding the application.
- The total aid which may be granted to a single undertaking over a twelve-month period will be capped at €25,000.
- The support may be approved for a period of three (3) consecutive years, thus the maximum aid per single undertaking may not exceed seventy-five thousand euro (€75,000).
- The rules of the de minimis regulation have anyway to be respected.
How to Apply:
The Rent Subsidy Scheme Incentive Guidelines may be viewed here.
An application form can be downloaded from the Corporation’s Client Portal https://clientportal.maltaenterprise.com/login
Each application must contain information/documents as outlined in the Incentive Guidelines.