The MEA seeks to promote
- A unity of purpose among all employers in Malta in a modern pro-business climate
- Optimum relations between employers and their employees, as well as between individual employers
- A good working relationship between government and employers.
Malta Employers’ Association Mission Statement
- To stand for the members’ rights in matters regarding the employment of the Human Resource;
- To regulate and maintain the best possible relations between employers, employees and trade unions;
- To influence national policy-making and legislation on terms and conditions of employment, industrial relations and social policy, while safeguarding the legitimate interests of employers;
- To contribute actively to the sustained increase of the national wealth through the continued enhancement of employer / employee relations;
- To promote the work ethic.
The Association shall achieve this Mission by:
- Representing and leading members in matters affecting or likely to affect their legitimate interests as employers;
- Providing advice and assistance to members on the development of sound industrial relations;
- Maintaining an active role as a member of, and collaborating with, other organisations (local and international) which share similar beliefs as those of the Association;
- Fostering the improvement of social conditions inspired by the employer’s quest for sustained return on investment and the employee’s need for job satisfaction.