“Capacity Building for Equipping and Representing Micro Business Employers”
ESF 2007-2013 project (code 4.86)
Download Final report
During the period 2009-2012 MEA embarked on a specific ESF programme “Capacity Building for Equipping and Representing Micro Business Employers”, focusing on microbusinesses. With the aid of the ESF funds, MEA carried out a three year awareness campaign, including an outreach exercise amongst 750 entrepreneurs, published a 67 page information booklet with a total distribution of 6000 copies, and also organised 22 training seminars with the participation of 235 entrepreneurs.
A Three year awareness campaign which included the:
Publication, printing and distribution of a 67 page information booklet.
6000 copies distributed amongst SMEs and Micro Enterprises.
An on-line HR manual which is accessible to MEA members.
Basically the Booklet includes:
- 32 pages -The Human Resource Handbook- FAQs about employing people
- 3 pages including info about a sample contract of employment
- 2 pages on Occupational health and safety
- 3 pages demonstrating Samples of engagement and termination forms
- 2 pages on Policies and procedures
- 8 pages on Opportunities for SMEs
- And 2 pages with useful contact details
22 training seminars with the participation of 235 micro business entrepreneurs.
Over a period of two years (Sept. 2010 – Sept. 2012)
The seminars were:
- 2 on finance legislation management
- 2 on human resources management
- 3 on energy/water/ waste serving
- 4 on EU occupational, health and safety legislation
- 3 on EU legislation for Micros
- 2 on EU and local tax legislation
- 1 seminar on Employment of third country nationals
- 3 on marketing policies
- And 2 on EU rights and obligations
Long hours dedicated for Outreach activities amongst 750 SMEs, operating in various sectors including:
- Wholesale and retail
- Bars and restaurants
- Other services
During the outreach visits, MEA obtained key data on the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) of the Micro Business Sector in Malta.
During the publicity campaign, a leaflet and a calendar were also published and distributed amongst thousands micro-businesses.