MEA participated in research study carried out by BusinessMED
The objective of this research was to follow-up on the structural macro-economic progress in the four participating countries (Egypt, Jordan, Tunisia and Malta) with regards to national and EU priorities vis-a-vis policies and legislation, financial support, research and education by academia, as well as private investments. A comparative analysis has been conducted and a number of recommendations were suggested, to be implemented by governments and the private sector, in order to ensure sustainable growth and employment in the energy sector.
- Education and R&D in Energy & Energy Technologies
- Industry Outlook: Final Regional Report, December 2021
- Fact Sheet #2 on Education and Research & Development on Energy Technologies, December 2021
- Periodical Survey: Analysis of New Energy Technologies and Sectors, December 2020
- Fact Sheet #1 on Education and Research & Development Energy Technologies, December 2020
Another research study on the Green Economy, in which the MEA is involved, is being carried out by another Thematic Committee as part of the EBSOMED project. This study will be focusing more on the Green Hydrogen and the Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism, through the lens of sustainability, skills and green transition. BUSINESSEUROPE will be assisting the Committee, given their expertise in energy, climate and trade. The participating counties are Turkey, Egypt, Lebanon, Tunisia, Malta and Jordan.