Rent & Electricity Refund Scheme
Top-up of Rent Support Scheme
- Rent scheme will be extended by a further 50% over and above the rent assistance provided for 2020
- Applicable to those undertakings closed in March 2021
- New applications for those approved under the Wage Supplement Scheme in 2021 will be accepted
Top-up of Electricity Support Scheme
- The Electricity Support Scheme will be re-issued, covering June, July and August 2021
- Scheme will be open to businesses closed in March 2021
- The subsidy will cover 50% of the total electricity bill
More details to follow.
Managing Authority: Malta Enterprise
Who can apply: Employers
Undertakings operating from business premises (any physical location through which business functions and/or processes are conducted, including commercial sites, industrial setups and offices) will be supported with a refund on their rent and electricity payments.
- Electricity Bill Refund – Deadline extended to 30th September 2020
Businesses/self-employed individuals eligible for the Wage Supplement are eligible to a grant of up €1,500 per commercial account, covering 50% of the electrical power costs covering the period July to September 2020. Business that have multiple energy accounts (because they operate from multiple sites) may claim additional support, capped at €7,500.
More info here: https://covid19.maltaenterprise.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/01567-Utilities-Support-Scheme-Presentation-FINAL.pdf
- Rent Refund – Deadline: 9th October 2020
Enterprises that have been granted the Wage Supplement will be able to apply for a grant of up to €2,500 by submitting their lease agreements. Guidelines attached.
These are temporary measures open to those undertakings who have received or are receiving support under the Wage Supplement Scheme.
Press Release: https://www.gov.mt/en/Government/DOI/Press%20Releases/Pages/2020/September/02/pr201644en.aspx
Support and clarifications in relation to this scheme may be obtained by contacting Business 1st by calling 144 during office hours or by sending an email to [email protected]