During a press conderence delivered on the 4th June by Family Minister Michael Falzon, it was announced that the Disability Benefit, paid to persons with disability due to COVID-19, will stop with immediate effect as of 5th July 2020. Refer to Press Release here.
Managing Authority: Department of Social Security
Who applies: Employee
Date of effect: after 8th March 2020
Persons with disability employed in the private sector, who after 8th March 2020 due to the impact of COVID-19 cannot go to work on medical advice and are not able to work from home, may apply for this benefit. Employees will receive a direct payment of €166.15 per week if they work fulltime or €103.85 per week if they work part-time.
In addition employees will enjoy the following benefits:
- The Social Security Contribution will be paid and their future contributory pension rights safeguarded;
- Employees will continue receiving any of the Disability Assistances without deductions.
- Employees registered with JobsPlus as a person with disability and have a Special ID No or EU Disability Card issued by the Commission of the Rights of Persons with Disability
- Work full-time or part-time in the private sector
- Cannot work from home
- Are medically advised to stay at home after 8th March 2020
How to apply: