Dealing with COVID-19
This handbook was updated on the 26/07/2022 10:30 hrs and is subject to changes to reflect ongoing developments.
COVID-19 has disrupted the workplace, and the aim of this resource is intended to guide employers during these difficult times. Many companies are facing difficulties caused by a drop in their order books, and also to navigate through labour legislation and to understand what their entitlements according to the schemes which have been announced so far are.
The information below provides an explanation of all the schemes that have been announced as at the date specified above. The chapters also include a set of FAQs which address numerous issues facing employers related to these schemes.
As a starting point, it is advised that the best procedure to follow is to:
- Gain knowledge of the schemes and distinguish clearly between them
- Check the NACE code for your business
- Identify which schemes may apply to your situation
- Check whether you can apply
- Be informed about who should apply – the employer or the employee
- Know the duration of scheme
- Know how and where to apply.