Construction Industry Scheme
Malta Enterprise stopped receiving applications for Construction Industry scheme.
Since the amount of aid requested has exceeded the budget allocated to the Construction Industry Scheme, Malta Enterprise has stopped receiving applications for support through the scheme as of Tuesday 12th January, 2021. The applications received will be evaluated over the coming weeks in line with the Incentive Guidelines.
Managing Authority: Malta Enterprise
Who can apply: Employers in the Construction Industry
As per government announcement, €4 million is being invested in aid to upgrade construction machinery and increase sustainability for the construction industry. Each business will be eligible to a maximum support of €200,000
Objective and budget:
- Encourage operators in the construction industry to scrap and replace old machinery / equipment with new equipment that generates less emissions, reduces harmful emissions.
- Businesses engaged in construction activities will also be supported to invest in new equipment that has the sole purpose of reducing the environmentally harmful emissions released by the activity.
- This incentive has an overall budget of €4,000,000.
- Each beneficiary can benefit up to €200,000 in line with de minimis aid.
- Construction of immovable property, excavation and demolition contractors; or
- Provision (renting) of equipment to businesses engaged in the construction of immovable property, excavation and demolition contractors; or
- Transportation of material related to the construction of Immovable property, excavation and demolition contractors; or
- Owners/operators of quarries and batching plants; or
- Building and finishing contractors.
- Cash grant covering up to 40% of costs
Replacement of construction machinery manufactured prior to 2015 with new machinery / equipment that will result in a reduction in harmful emissions – Additional support of up to:
a) 20% if the machinery/equipment is powered by an electric engine (battery);
b) 10% if the machinery/equipment is powered by a hybrid engine
- Cash grant covering up to 40% of costs – Procurement of new machinery / equipment used exclusively to reduce harmful emissions generated by construction activities.
- Cash grant covering of up to 25% – Replacement of construction machinery /equipment that was manufactured prior to 2015, with second hand machinery /equipment which will result in a reduction in harmful emissions, provided that such equipment:
a) Has been manufactured after 2016; and
b) Has not been previously used in Malta; and
c) Is certified to meet the original environmental parameters as manufactured by a certified engineer.
- Scheme will commence on 1st December 2020 until 31st May 2021.
- Submission of application form prior to purchasing of machinery / equipment
- Application will be available on the Malta Enterprise website in the coming weeks and will need to be submitted through the Corporation’s client portal.
- Applications will be processed on first-come first-served basis until budget allocated for this measure is fully utilised.
- Undertakings shall claim the eligible costs as approved by the Corporation.
- Claims must be supported with appropriate fiscal documentation and proof of payment.
- A destruction certificate as proof that the old equipment / machinery has been scrapped must be presented.
- Equipment must be maintained operational by the beneficiary for at least 3 years from date commissioned.
Prospective applicants can now access answers to a number of Frequently Asked Questions that shall guide them in the process.
Business First 144
Email [email protected]