Managing Authority: Department of Social Security
Who applies: Employee
Date of effect: after 8th March 2020
Persons who due to the impact of COVID-19, lost their job in the private sector after 8th March 2020, may apply for this benefit.
If an ex-employee qualifies for the Contributory Unemployment Benefit and they are eligible for this additional benefit, between the two benefits they will receive a direct payment of €166.15 if they were working full-time before they have became unemployed or €103.85 per week if they were working part-time before they have became unemployed.
In addition an ex-employee will enjoy the following benefits:
- The Social Security Contribution will be paid and their future contributory pension rights safeguarded;
- If they are entitled to Children’s Allowance, they will have its rate adjusted taking into consideration the new income earned and this may increase up to the maximum rate of €24.08 per week per child;
- If they are entitled to the In-Work Benefit, they will continue to receive it without deductions;
- If they are entitled to Supplementary Allowance, they will have its rate adjusted taking into consideration the new income earned and this may increase up to the maximum rate of €4.57 per week for single persons and €12.54 per week for couples.
- If the ex-employee was working full-time or part-time in the private sector before the 8th March 2020 and was then unemployed
- If the ex-employee is now registering for work under the Part I with JobsPlus
How to apply:
No application form needed. Jobsplus will contact ex-employees after they register for work.