Event booking terms and conditions and cancellation policy
Effective from 1st September 2016. Please note that these ‘Terms and Conditions’ may be subject to change without notice.
- Before booking onto the event, please ensure you have read the event programme and content, to ensure the event will meet your needs.
- If an event registration form is completed by an individual other than the named delegate, it is your responsibility to ensure the delegate is authorised and able to attend the event.
- Upon receipt of your registration form and subsequent payment your place(s) will be confirmed.
- All bookings are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If you have not received written confirmation from the MEA within 7 days of making a booking, please contact us on 21237585 / 21222992 to check if your booking has been received.
- MEA will accept late bookings, subject to availability and immediate payment in full.
Invoicing and payment
- Delegate fees are payable upon booking unless a valid, authorised Purchase Order is provided and accepted.
- For bookings accepted with purchase orders, invoices will be sent via email and must be paid within 14 days of the invoice date or not later than 7 working days prior to the start of the event, whichever date occurs soonest (the “due date”). Payment must be received prior to the event. Non-payment or non-attendance does not constitute a cancellation.
- Payment must be made in Euros either by cheque or direct transfer payable to Malta Employers’ Association.
- Payment includes refreshments and programme material.
- Delegates will receive programme material via email to the email address provided on the registration form.
- It is the responsibility of the individual completing the registration form to ensure to provide correct information.
- Failure to attend the event will result in the full cost being incurred. No refund shall be given.
- It may be necessary, for reasons beyond the control of MEA, to change the timing of the programme, the date, the venue or the speaker(s).
Cancellation and Amendments
- All requests for cancellations and/or transfers must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- Substitute delegates will be accepted at no additional charge.
- In the event of there being insufficient numbers booked onto an event the MEA reserves the right to cancel or postpone the event.
- In the event of cancellation of an event by MEA, we will endeavour to inform all delegates. All event fees paid will be reimbursed in full, or at the option of the delegate, the payment will be transferred in full to another MEA event.
- In the case of transferring to an event of a higher value, the transfer will be subject to payment of any additional fees due. Where a transfer is made to an event of a lower value, a credit note for the difference will be issued.
- Discount(s) where offered, are offered exclusive of each other and multiple discounts cannot be combined.
- MEA reserves the right to photograph the event and participants and to use such photographs in any material and external communication referring to the MEA, such as on its website, social media and other publications. By registering you consent to such uses.
- By registering, you agree that your data will be processed by MEA, for registration and handling purposes, and to send you information in connection to MEA events.